.......she fell down and busted her chin on the barstools she is so fond of moving all over the place. She bled for a long time; I called my neighbor to come down who is an R.N. She said that if we took her in to ER, they would probably stitch it, but she suggested just butterflying it good. So I ran to Walgreens and got some butterflies; it is really hard to keep her from picking it off though. We put a couple of bandaids over it so that she will have a few layers to get to before it's completely off.
Of course, her mother left her here since she's hurt, so she's spending the night.
Cylie handled it pretty well though. The whole time I was trying to hold the cold washcloth to her chin, I was bending down and trying to see better she was giggling hysterically. I guess I looked kinda funny to her. She's quite a trooper!!
5 comments:
poor cylie. glad she's okay and she sounds like a trooper.
ok, you don't have to post this comment at all but don't most mothers want to be with their kids when their hurt?? I'm sorry that's probably a witchy thing to say but that seems a bit odd to me. Although I know from your posts that you are awesome with Cylie and she is in very good hands.
Yes, Michell, most mothers do want to be with their kids, especially when they are hurt. This one is different and Cylie sees it and knows it already. She cries when I leave the room or the house. She waives Goodby to her mom. She's going to realize someday what she's missed out on and what she's given up. My biggest fear is that she will suddenly get jealous and keep Cylie from me. Liz swears that will never happen, but it's my greatest fear.
I think that Cylie's mom is going to continue on the selfish path, which is unfortunate for her. It's true she has no idea what she is missing. It is so wonderful that Cylie has you and Liz to heal her hurts and love on her. She already knows who takes care of her and she won't forget that. As she gets older, she will most likely be vocal about preferring you to her mother. That may bother her, but I doubt enough to cut off the people who make it possible for her to go and do what she wants. I'm glad you have Cylie, and she is going to be so in love with the baby! How fun for her to get to play big sister!
i totally don't get cylie's mom. at all. but I celebrate the fact that she has the two of you. hands down. angels on earth. RaJen
Post a Comment