Thursday, October 25, 2007

Baby Jewelry.........

How do you guys feel about this? I know a lot of people will get their baby girls ears pierced (I won't; I'll explain more later in post), but I know a few people who put real jewelry on their babies. We took pictures of a family a few weeks ago and the 1-year old was wearing a really thin necklace and ring. I asked the mother if she kept it on and she said that she'd had it on since birth. Then we went to visit our friends who have a brand-new baby; he had a bracelet on that his Grandmother had put on him at birth.

Is it just me? I've never heard of this and wouldn't dream of putting jewelry on my infant; mostly for fear of a choking incident. How do you guys feel about it?

Back to the ear piercing..................I am not necessarily against piercing a baby's ears, but I look forward to the day I can take Bella out to get her ears pierced. I want to make a whole Mother/Daughter day out of it! Is that weird?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will want to get my little girl's ears pierced, but will probably wait until she is a little older. I don't think you are weird at all for that!

Audra said...

I dont think i would pierce it either. i was 5, and my mom and i had a big shopping day and got it done.

battynurse said...

No, I don't think I would put jewlery on a baby for the reason you mentioned, choking. However I would likely pierce a girls ears (I did my baby sister). I do like your idea though of a mother daughter day of it though too.

Candice said...

hahaha...I thought I was the only one that thinks about these things.
I agree, it's a fun thing for a little girl to go get her ears pierced. Plus, babies with earings just look weird.