Friday, October 12, 2007

Breastfeeding

We are NOT breastfeeding. This is a decision we made for our family for many different reasons. Everyone seems to have an opinion on this and I don't understand why people feel the need to offer this opinion without being asked. We are not thinking about it or debating whether or not to do it............we have already decided not too. End of story!

Sorry for the vent, and I don't mean this to offend anyone, but breastfeeding moms can be vicious. We have one friend who likens bottle-feeding to child abuse. Get real!!!!

I am not just addressing this to the anonymous comment to my previous blog, but instead I'm venting due to a lot of people in our 'real' life.

I'm tired of hearing it; we've made the decision and we have our reasons. That's that!!!

8 comments:

battynurse said...

You both need to do what is best for you. If bottle feeding the baby is best for you both than do it without guilt and regrets. There will always be those who have their opinions and will usually voice them but they are not in your shoes and can't make the decision for you.

Unknown said...

I probably am not going to breastfeed either and I have my reasons as well. So don't worry about comments... it is your baby and your decision! That is my two cents!

Audra said...

Different strokes for different folks! I hate when people get all uppity about what they think is best. Plus there are some people who plain out can't breastfeed, and I think it is so rude for people to give their opinion without knowing people's background, etc. I don't know if I would breastfeed or not, I think I would want Dylan to be able to feed our future child as well, and to be able to have that great bonding time together.

but child abuse??? WOW!

K J and the kids said...

I'm sorry that you feel defensive.
Breastfeeding is one of THE hardest things to do for some of us. I can't IMAGINE why someone would make you feel bad for your decision not to.
I'm glad that you have made a decision and that you are sticking to it :)
Good luck.

Oh, words of wisdome from a mother who went before you.
DON'T use the hospital free formula. Because then you will get it in your head that you HAVE to stay on the SAME FUCKING formula and it's ALWAYS the MOST expensive kind out there.
By the way...it's not the best..just most expensive. It won't stop gas bubbles, constipation, lactos intolerance (which EVERY BABY seems to have these days).
So go to Costco and get Kirklands....it's GREAT. It's rated super high..and it's CHEAP !!!!
Or Good Start is another one.
Any ways....sorry to go on and on...I just hated getting stuck with the most expensive formula after mine.
(It's the perfect marketing tool by formula companies)

The Mother Hen said...

I have done both, my kids are alive and healthy, I don't see what the big deal is either. The most important thing is that you are feeding your baby in a way that makes you both happy. This is the first of many things that family or "real life" friends will think they have a right to give opinions about. Be ready to tell them thank you for the advice, we'll take it into consideration when Liz and I make that decision.

Candice said...

You go girl! So true! I felt so bad for several friends that tried to breastfeed but just couldn't because of so many reasons. Then they had so much guilt because of all the pressure, today, to breast feed.

Anywho, I recently came across your blog and really like it.

Holly said...

Good for you. We did a little of both in the beginning, but we got crap from friends who couldn't believe Lois wasn't breastfeeding 100%. Plus, that didn't even last long because he wasn't getting enough.

It's 100% your decision and I agree that you shouldn't have to deal with people telling you that you are wrong for choosing your own route.

Shannon said...

I totally agree. My partner did breastfeed but we weren't sure she'd be able to and if she couldn't we were totally fine with that. I know people who chose to bottle feed and people who chose to breastfeed and I really think it's no one's business what you decide to do. I also can't stand it when people are SO against bottle feeding and are SO opinionated about it.