Monday, October 15, 2007

I want to be a cow.......

........again!! I know that we all try not to sterotype ourselves, but don't most people really fall into certain relationship roles?

With this pregnancy, I've had to take a more physical role in our house. I'm the one carrying the heavy things, getting on ladders, driving, moving things to the shed. Now, the workload was always pretty even, but I usually handled the 'girly' stuff, like the dishes, laundry, cooking, and cleaning. I am finding myself doing it all these days as she gets increasingly tired and somewhat sore.

Here's a small example: She was taking a shower and when she got out, she mentioned that the shower head was broken and we needed to buy a new one. Pre-pregnancy she would have taken the whole thing apart, fixed it (if possible) and never even mentioned it to me. So, I went in and took it down and repaird it. If I hadn't, she would have came home with new shower faucets for both bathrooms just in case!

Things are just a little topsy turvy around here. She's even allowing me to drive, which really annoys her as I obey the law. She hates it and wouldn't normally even think of allowing it.

I know she's ready for the baby to come for many, many reasons!!

No comments: