Yes, that's officially 6 babies under 2. Here in Oklahoma, I can have 5 under 2 alone, but I will only have 4 most days......3 infants and Cylie. On Monday I will have that plus a 20-month old, and on Thursday I will have that plus a 14-month old.
Right now, I only have 2 infants and Cylie (plus the other 2 on Monday and Thursday respectively), and it's pretty do-able. I have support though; Liz is never too far away, even though she leaves the house to work. That's why I would drop a couple of them if she had to go to a 'real' job. And, my back-up lives just a few doors down and is home during the day. She's just a phone call away and does come down to visit a few times a week.
Don't get me wrong, it is a little difficult at times. The worst is prioritizing the needs. If both babies need something at once, I can only take care of one of them. Eating comes first, then cleanliness, then cuddling and playing. I've been pretty lucky; they seem to be on a schedule where they are one right after the other. One eats, gets changed, then the other needs to eat, then get changed. I can take care of that in about 30 minutes, then we can play or they sleep depending on what they need.
My biggest concern is Cylie; I don't want her to feel like she doesn't get enough of me. I really kinda wish I had a full-time toddler instead of one of the babies. It would be much easier. But, we do get every Tues morning together with no babies for her gymnastics. We both love that!!!!
7 comments:
You do this on purpose. You are a brave and amazing woman.
Um... you sound a bit busy! :)
Wow - good for you! I'm sure you can totally handle it with style.
Okay I see. I feel bad for my kid because I have always had little babies and toddlers that need a lot of attention, and with him being older it is easy to send him off to play while I tend to the others. I try to make a conscious effort to sit down and have some him and me time when all the other kids are settled.
WOW! You're like a mom of triplets or quads (well, one is older). LOL! You must certainly have your hands FULL!
BTW, when my daughter was a baby, her head consistently measured in the 90%'s. The docs said as long as it remained relatively consistent and didn't start measuring off the charts later, then she'd be fine. (And she is!)
Oh my gosh!
Remind me to never, ever complain around you.
I honestly do not know how you do it and I tip my hat off to you. You are awesome!
Wow, that's a lot of babies. The most I've ever done was 4 at a time at work and we were all about schedules. Much harder at home when the babies are a bit bigger. You are brave.
Post a Comment