Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Toenail update

Well, the Dr said not to worry about the toenail........she said it's completely normal to see what we're seeing. She said that it should pop out soon and we will probably see more in the next few months. She said to watch for redness or puss (sorry). She also said that we can soak it in soapy water to help it pop out.

Also.........she weighs 11 pounds 3 ounces. She's in the 50 percentile for height and 50-75 for weight, but her head is only 10 percentile. They said it's nothing to worry about unless it stops growing and that hasn't happened. Kids are so scary!!!!!!!

She also had her first shots........YIKES!!! In my business, they are a necessary evil, but I did cringe a bit wondering what poison was being forced into my child with a sharp instrument. (I know, I'm a bit dramatic, but you know if we can put a man on the moon surely we can find a better way!) Anyway, she was tramatized! I'm so glad Liz didn't go with me; she cried when she had a cold, this would have sent her over the edge. She got so upset she didn't breathe for what seemed like an eternity to me, then for the next several hours she had 'flashbacks'. We finally gave her some Tylenol (I'm a bad mom; I didn't have any and had to wait for Liz to get home) around 7ish and she was out cold; still is and it's now 9:30. Poor baby!!!

Well, I"m taking on a new baby. He's 5 weeks old now and will start in a couple of weeks. That gives me 3 babies under 4 months (including Bella) and Cylie (18 months) everyday and E (22 months) every Monday and C (14 months) every Thursday. We are only doing this on a trial basis as I do not want to limit myself too much to the house.

Liz is working really hard to get her photography off the ground so she can back me up for appts and such. If that changes and she has to go back to a 'real' job, then I'll have to drop someone. She's considering career options and changes. Her first love is the photography, but she really loves the banking as well. She has even considered becoming a real estate agent, but decided she likes the financial side of real estate better than the sales. It's still open as an option for her though.

Keep us is your thoughts and prayers as we attempt to figure out a way to find our own fullfillment and take care of our family as well.

7 comments:

twondra said...

You guys are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry about the first shots. :( I can't imagine.

battynurse said...

Good luck with whatever job stuff works out for the two of you. I hope Bella feels better today. Oh and I still haven't sent that package, sorry I have been so sick I haven't been anywhere uneccesary.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the toenail doesn't need removed.

Good luck on the job stuff!!!

Merr said...

Wow you are even more crazy than I! Is that 6 kids under 2. I try not to take on too many little ones myself, although I have had a few babies at a time. Our rule here, though, is only 2 kids under age 2 if you are liscensed. I am not liscensed, so I just take on who I want. I have 3 two year olds and 2 one year olds plus my own 3 1/2 year old.

Wendy and Karen said...

I know what you mean about the shots. I keep waiting for the kind that they have on Star Trek that are just puffs of air.

Good luck on the job!

Tanya said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of little ones. I'm kind of surprized you're allowed to have that many little guys. I live in Canada so I know that makes a difference but here you're only allowed 2 under 2 and 3 under 3. Wow! I can't imagine having the patience to deal with so many little ones... You now officially have me in awe.

Holly said...

Glad the toenail isn't a crisis. Watching them get shots is so hard. ugh.

Good luck with finding the right job path. It's so different when you have a child and you are trying to figure out if just making ends meet to feed the kid is enough or if you need to actually enjoy what you are doing too. (I'm having a lot of those thoughts in my head lately)