Thursday, March 20, 2008

Weight

I have struggled with my weight my entire life; I have no sad tragic tale to tell as to why. I think I just like to sit and eat. Really it's not how much I eat, but instead what I eat. More so, probably, my lack of active exercise.

A few instances have come up that have brought reality to me with force. Trying to play with the girls at the park and scared of getting stuck in the slide for example. I don't want to miss out on their fun active lives or -heaven forbid - hold them back in any way.

I want to do it; I can see myself eating good healthy green food and going for walks, etc. I just don't actually do it. Why?

I've tried some of the easy things a few times; several different types of weight loss pills especially. I've even considered having some kind of surgery. I am now convinced that the only thing that's going to work is diet (I don't mean going on a diet; I am referring to what I eat) and exercise.

I have no idea where to begin as chocolate and ranch dressing (not together!) haunt me! I can't imagine life without them.

Any thoughts or advice for me?

4 comments:

R said...

I lost 100 pounds with Weight Watchers. I gained back 20 after I quit smoking,and would love to lose 10 back, but I'm not too worried. I'm a bit over my goal wight, but I'm ten times happier than I was overweight like that.

Jen said...

I can totally empathize. I need to do something too and if I won't do it for myself then my daughter has to got to be the biggest and best reason to do it! I don't want my weight preventing me from enjoying life with my daughter. I plan on doing Weight Watchers online. I do really well with their program when I apply myself. And I quit going to Curves when I found out I was pregnant but I want to start going again...just to build strength and energy. I'm hoping to go there 3 times a week and use my lunchbreak since it's just a 30 min workout and very close to my work. Then I'll just eat a healthy lunch at my desk. Now I gotta commit to a start date. Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Merr said...

I so hear ya! Believe me! We have been working on a healthier lifestyle for over a year now. If you want to know what we do, e-mail me and I'll tell ya. merdaybow@yahoo.com

battynurse said...

Sorry I have no good advice as I'm an absolute failure at it too. I know all the good reasons for healthy eating and exercise. Like you however junk food calls my name.