Wednesday, April 09, 2008

An eventful day.......

Good grief!!!

Well, we left the house this morning around 7:30 to get to the image center for Bella's Renal scan at 8:15. We took Hunter with us and left Cylie with another sitter. It's much easier to take a 4-month old and a 5-month old than an infant and a toddler to something like that; they get too bored. So, away we go with our gigantuous (my own word) double stroller. Well, I knew that one of us would have to sit out in the waiting room with Hunter, so since I am usually the one to accompany Bella to the Dr or any of her previous tests, I offered to let Liz go. Not good for me; I do much better comforting my crying, in pain, baby in person than sitting in the lobby hearing her cry and not knowing what's going on. Liz said that she'd do better in the lobby from now on. Ok, that's solved!

The scan showed that both of her kidneys are working in some capacity, but now it looks like the right kidney may have some kind of blockage. So, both of her kidney's has issues. I cannot wait to talk to this urologist and finally get some answers. I have NO idea how serious this is or isn't!!!

Anyway, after we left there, we went to our OB/Gyn's office so they could see Bella. As we were sitting there visiting in the back with the nurse and receptionist (yes, we got pretty friendly with them all), Liz was sitting in one of those office chairs holding Hunter. All of a sudden, she leaned back a little and the chair came apart (apparently it was already broken and we didn't know it) and she fell backwards narrowly missing the counter with her head. Hunter wasn't so lucky; he hit the counter hard on the back of his head. He started screaming; I was holding Bella (I'm still not 100% sure what I did with her) and suddenly I had Hunter instead. The receptionist kept saying that he was just scared; she didn't think he had hit. Liz was saying over and over, 'he hit hard; he hit hard'. I turned him around and saw this giant red goose egg on the back of his head! I said, 'Go get Tana (the Dr.) and some ice'. She came in and took him from me. She said that he was probably Ok since there was a big bump and she checked his eyes, which were dilating just fine. We called his parents, who wanted us to go ahead and take him to the ER to have him checked out. I was relieved about that.

So, away we went. The bump was almost gone by the time the Dr. came in to check him and he was laughing and smiling at me while we waited. I've called them a couple of times this evening and he's just fine.

Good Lord! What a day!!!!

7 comments:

battynurse said...

Oh my. I will be hoping on Friday that the news you get is good. This has to be super stressfull. And poor little Hunter. Glad he is ok and all but wow, what a day.

Audra said...

Oh goodness what a day indeed! I hope things get better!

S AND C said...

What a day!
We had a day last week where we went to 1 doc and 1 er.. I cant imagine 2 docs and 1 er. LONG day i am sure!

I hope you all get some answerers asap!

Stacey said...

wow, sounds like a rough time. so sorry. glad he's okay and hopefully the doctor will give you some good news and more info soon about your beautiful baby girl. {{{hugs}}}

Merr said...

WOW! You're telling me! I am glad he is okay. I feel so bad when the kids get hurt in my care. Fortunately we haven't had very many incidents except scrapes and bruises.

Unknown said...

Oh my... what a day.... so sorry! I hope things get better.

twondra said...

You poor thing. What a horrible day. I hope you hear good news about your girl!