Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Belated Mother's Day wish for my Mother

To my Beautiful Mother,

I did not, for many reasons, dwell on you on Mother's Day, but you did cross my mind a few times and brought many tears on an already bittersweet day. I also had many wishes that have no hope of being true:

I wished that you could see the beautiful smiling face of your grandaughter.

I wished that I could talk to you for just one more minute, if only to tell you how very much you meant to me - still mean to me.

I wished that you were here again as you were always my constant in good times and bad.

But, I also rejoiced for you that day.........

I rejoiced that you are now pain and disease free.

I rejoiced because I know that you are still a big part of me and I will never lose that.

I rejoiced that God had seen fit to give me the perfect mother; I also regreted just a bit that I didn't see that as clearly when you were still here with us.

Know that you are very loved and very missed.

I will see you again one day.

I love you,
Your daughter

1 comment:

R said...

So very sweet.. I am so thankful for my mom being here...