Sunday, June 01, 2008

Updates

Well, my computer is working again, but who knows for how long. It was down for a couple of days.

Here's what's going on with us in case you're interested..................

Liz is very confused about what she wants. She is in love with me and can see herself happily married to me for the rest of her life, but......she has a connection/obsession with another woman. She is not in love with her, but she can't seem to get her out of her head. They are not seeing each other as this person is trying to figure out whether or not to stay in her relationship or not. They've agreed to meet in September if they are free to be together. (very romantic, huh?)

I decided to stop being passive and fight for her so to speak. So, last night we went to the Pride gala (a formal gathering) together and I made arrangements for Bella to spend the night with her godparents (very sad indeed, but we survived). We had a great night together (wink, wink) that has left her more confused than ever about what she wants.

I have now asked her to move out. She doesn't want to go, but agrees that if we are apart, she may be able to really assess how she feels about me and our marriage. She will move out after Pride, which lasts for the next two weekends (she the official photographer so she has a lot of work). I plan to show her a really good time for the next two weeks (another wink wink).

Please share your thoughts!!!
I'll post another update on Bella soon; she's growing like a weed!!!!

7 comments:

battynurse said...

Hmm. That's tough. I admit that I've had that sort of obsession/infatuation thing going before (I was not in a relationship or married) and it was very hard to let it go. I actually still think of the guy from time to time. However it wouldn't have lasted because he really wasn't what I was looking for in a significant other. As far as her moving out, could be a good thing. In the mean time, yup keep showing her that you are the one who has been and would be there.

Anonymous said...

hey if you want liz to stay with you, then i say fight for her!!!! you have my support 100%!

R said...

Wow. All I can say. I am amazed at your strength and determination and assertiveness. Good for you for saying what you wanted and standing firm. Yes, you are right, if she wants to come back, then time apart will make that happen. I'm so proud of you and so happy for you. I just want your dreams to be true :)

Unknown said...

Well sounds like there is some hope in this for sure. I admire your determination and outlook on everything because I know it isn't easy. I am hoping for the best for you.

Merr said...

Hmmmm that's very interesting! Way to show her what she might be missing when she's gone!!! Hopefully you guys can work things out one way or another.

S&C said...

I think her moving out and you fighting for her at the same time is a great idea! It worked for us many many years ago :-)

Stacey said...

I hope it works out for you, however you want it to. I don't know that I'd want to be someone who could leave me so easily or plays with my emotions. That's how it seems. I personally think you could find someone more devoted to you and respectful of your feelings. Just my two cents. I know that it's harder with Bella in the picture though. Good luck to you!