Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Cylie's birthday

Well, she's finally 2 years old. Can you believe it? It seems like only yesterday that we met her and she stole my heart completely. I was not prepared to love this child like I do. I was so full of resentment & bitterness when her mom was pregnant; this love really took me by surprise! She is an amazing child.

She has stopped using most of her signs - she will resort to them if she's not understood quickly enough. She is starting to say simple 4-word sentences, mostly beginning or ending with someones name like "Peppy, help me please" or " Where'd Liz go, Peppy?"

She's starting to potty train and is wearing big girl panties or pull-ups everyday.

She is finally off the bottle at nap time (not sure about at night; I'm sure she still gets it since it's easier).

She knows all of her gymnastic positions and is more than willing to show them to you on command.

Yesterday was her actual birthday and we had a 'water fun' party here at the house. We had 6 toddlers, 3 infants, 3 pre-teens and 7 adults here. It was a blast!!

I'll post pictures as soon as Liz gets them uploaded.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cylie!