Monday, September 22, 2008

We're home!!

We finally got word from the fancy 'I'm too busy to actually come and see you in person' infectious disease specialist. She needs 10 days of antibiotics, but it will be ok to do the last 5 orally and not intravenously, soooooo...........we got discharged around noon today. We had to wait around a few hours because we had a 3 o'clock appointment with her plastic surgeon. I ordered lunch and visited with my sister and niece for a while, then we packed up and headed over to the surgeons ( I would have gone home and waited, but the office was right behind the hospital and home is 40 minutes away). We got a clean bill of health from him as well. She doesn't even need the bandages unless we go out or there are obvious dangers around.

WooHoo!

I came home and put her down; she was so busy and into everything. She hadn't been down to play in almost a week. Here are a few pictures including a few of the toe so if you don't like to see stiches........look away.





You can see that it's not perfect yet; she will need a few more surgeries, but I think we can get it into a shoe for now. After what happened this time, I'm in no hurry for round 2 anyway!

3 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

Sooooo glad you are home! I've been worried. I hope it's a smooth recovery from here on out.

Tanya said...

She's looking like she's feeling a lot better now. Even up and walking so that looks good. Hopefully, the following surgeries will go better than this one.

Casey said...

Welcome home!!! I am glad that you are back in your own surroundings and that little missy can play and have all the fun she wants.

Good job getting her through it all!