Monday, September 08, 2008

Whoever?

So, we met Liz's parents for dinner last night and as we were leaving, her dad carried Bella to the car and put her in her car seat. After sitting her down he was turning away from the truck, he said, 'I'll let your Mommy buckle you in".....he then saw that it was me and not Liz waiting to do that and clarified by saying, 'or whoever.'

WTF!!!!!???????????

I was stunned; I heard Liz's mom say, 'well, one of her mommies', trying to make light of it. I couldn't say anything. I buckled her and got in the truck. Liz immediately said that she'd have to have the 'respect' talk with him that she's had with her mother.

I still can't beleive it. I totally forget that Liz is seen by some as more the mom than me since it's totally not that way in our home ( I do most of the baby care and I'm the one who gets followed around all day by Bella) or with my family.

This was NOT ok with me at all!

10 comments:

R said...

Wow. Ouch. I don't think that would be okay with me either. I'm so sorry. Can you talk to them?

This Mom said...

Something very similar to this happened to us when our kids were babies. After correcting my parents and explaining that we were BOTH the moms, this mistake never happened again. We tried not to be too offended, as this whole lesbian mommies thing was new to them. It was education in our eyes.

Merr said...

OMG for real? That is so stupid! I am worried about that too and I hope I never have to experience it.

Unknown said...

Man... I can for sure see how that would not be okay with you! So sorry that he did that. Hopefully when Liz talks to him that will help.

Tanya said...

ASS!

MommynMama said...

That is just to shitty! I don't seem to understand people even the older generation. Come on people in this day in age it just doesn't make sense. I am sorry Steph.
Crystal

Angele said...

OUTTER BS!!!!

hotomiky said...

I will not be ok with that neither..

GRRRRrrrr...

Shannon said...

Oh wow, that's terrible. I hope he'll change his attitude after Liz talks to him.

Stacey said...

omg that is HORRIBLE.