Friday, October 24, 2008

Perhaps there's some truth to it

Occasionally, Liz will tell me that I am like her mother. I hate this as her mother's actions somewhat annoy me. Like the fact that she feels the need to clean and stress for weeks before any family function at her house.

Well, this morning as I looked at my 'get ready for Bella's party' list with chores assigned to each of us for each day of this past week, and it being Friday today and some things didn't get done......I realized that I was displaying behaviours that annoy me in my MIL. Oy!!!

So, I will get what I can done and so what if there is a thin layer of sticky in places and I really don't think anyone will care if the oven is not FRESHLY clean, will they?

I will focus on enjoying the last few days of Bella's first year.

Too bad I don't put this much thought and effort into my own fitness and health. If so, I'd surely get out the elliptical machine and get to work, huh?

1 comment:

battynurse said...

Isn't it funny how we catch ourselves doing stuff like this? Hope the party is a success with or without a perfectly clean house.