Liz took a job with a local casino as Beverage Supervisor. She'll be overseeing about 50 people. The pay is decent and the hours suck!! The best part is that they have same-sex benefits.
But, we'll finally have some money coming in. She's pretty much been without a 'real' job since she was 5 months pregnant, which put her and eventually Bella on state insurance. That really saved us from bankruptcy. I know this is and can be a controversial issue, but it was there and we really did need it. If she were still employed with her previous employer when Bella was born and in the NICU for 10 days and then later hospitalized twice, not to mention all the big test and procedures she's had to have, we'd be swimming in medical bills due to large co-pays and partial coverage. So, some thing - we believe - do happen for a reason.
We are still in pretty good shape. We have no debt, not even credit cards. We do have a vehicle and house payment, but we've managed (with cashing out our 401k's, savings, and my income) to never miss or be late on a payment. We are just now coming to the end of our reserves.
I am so happy for her with this job, even though the hours will suck. It is an awesome opportunity.
Now, we just have to get through the next few weeks. Here's crossing our fingers and toes that the AC Compressor (sorry, I need the cash) or something else doesn't flunk out on us!!
2 comments:
I am so happy for her about the job!
I hope the job ends up being great. That's fantastic.
Post a Comment