Sunday, December 14, 2008

What a day!!

My day started with a somewhat cranky baby who had a slight fever, but seemed ok otherwise. I finished Hunter's birthday cake a nd delivered it around noon.

Cylie, Bella and I then headed to Tulsa to the Toy Run where Liz was preparing to ride her bike. I will have to post pictures later as I have never seen or even imagined that many bikes in one place. There had to be close to 10,000.

The girls & I hung out in the back of the truck watching them leave. Liz's group was within the first 300 to go, but we stayed for another 40 minutes and the lot wasn't even half empty. It was awesome!!!

We decided to go to Babies R Us to get some Christmas clothes for Bella before we headed home and to Hunters party. The girls fell asleep on the way.

While we were there, I noticed that Bella felt HOT. I borrowed a thermometer and it showed 102.5. We went home and gave her Tylenol; after an hour or so she started becoming lethargic and showing all t he classic signs that she always does when she gets a UTI.

So, we headed to the Children's ER. Sure enough, UTI. So, we got a dose of antibiotics through IV and just got home with a prescription.

Poor baby is feeling so badly!!!

2 comments:

battynurse said...

Poor thing. I hope the home antibiotics do the trick.

Tanya said...

rofl... bike ride? It's -30C here and when I just took the garbage out the snow came up almost to my knees.

Hope Bella is feeling better soon.