Thursday, January 15, 2009

Insurance

This has become a big issue in my life and something I realize I always took for granted. I have now been without insurance for a year and a half. Liz can't carry me at her job so that isn't even a possibility. I've recently looked in to purchasing private insurance, but that will cost me a few hundred dollars a month.

A friend of mine advised me of a new program in Oklahoma that is designed for working adults who are self-employed or work for a company of 50 or fewer employees. It sounds great. It will only cost me about $52 a month and looks pretty good. I've been pre-approved and am just waiting for the final approval. I don't have all the details like hospital stays, or eyeglasses (which would be really nice since I can't see anything unless it's way across the room from me) or anything, but the $10 office visit alone will be a great comfort.

I may soon draw a sigh of relief.

3 comments:

Merr said...

Wow that sounds great! I need something like that!

battynurse said...

I hope this works out for you. I can't imagine how frightening it would be to be without insurance. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel like today is my lucky day to have stumbled on your blog. I am a childcare teacher for kids 0-3 but my partner and I are planning to try for a baby in the next year and then I would like to stay home with our child and a few others. I am going to spend some time reading your older posts! yeeay! I was desperately hoping to find someone who writes about providing home child care, and here you are... :)