We had a few friends and neighbors over (3 of which were my daycare kids parents). We had:
Hunter, who is 12.5 months, and his parents, Brice and Nicole.
Colby, who is 25 months and his parents, Doug and Shelly, and his brother, 7-year old Dalton.
Elliot, who is 32 months and his parents, Heath and Andrea, and his baby sister, Olivia who is 8 months.
We also had our friends, Renee and Shelly and their two kids, Jordan, who just turned 3 and Lauren who is 4 months.
And, my neice, Laura, and great-nephew, Kasen who is 20-months.
Our house guests, Kye and Stephanie, were also here some, but since they are babyless, they went out to a bar for the ringing in of the New Year.
The only one missing was my Cylie. I was very sad about that. I could have had her ( I always can), but Liz didn't want anyone to stay the night.
We had a good time and the only baby that made it to midnight was little Hunter and I was holding him. He was my first kiss of 2009.
Speaking of our houseguests..................
We had some friends come in from Florida last Monday. They had made arrangements to stay with another friend, but it fell through for them, so we offered to let them stay here. It's not easy to stay here as we do not have an extra room and the playroom doesn't have a door, so they got NO privacy at all. Also, kids show up early in the morning. Not pleasant if you're trying to sleep.
Anyway, they brought 2 big dogs that Stephanie's parents were supposed to keep, but that also fell through suddenly. Sweet dogs, but let me say now, that my resolve to not have a dog is firmly cemented!! They tore up everything in our yard. Granted, we should have gone out and put it all away, but honestly I didn't think about it. I am not a dog person and not used to their behaviour. And, it took them about half an hour to clean up the poo. Yuck! I cannot do that.
Bella, on the other hand, LOVED them. She would go to the back door, which is glass, and sign for 'dog' (her version anyway) while saying 'dog dog'. She is still doing that even though they left yesterday. It's quite sad, but she'll get over it and we have dogs to visit.
We will NOT be getting a dog!!!!! (does this make me a bad lesbian?)
1 comment:
So when reading your post my first thought on you kissing Hunter first in the new year was "You kissed a boy!". Then at the end you asking if not wanting a dog made you a bad lesbian. All of it just made me laugh. Happy New Year and I hope it's a great one.
Post a Comment