First..............Yesterday found me glued to my television all day long. I wanted to see everything - from them just getting in and out of their cars to the actual ceremony through the parade. I did miss almost all coverage of the balls though. I even felt a (very) small bit of sympathy for what W must have been feeling as he watched the record number of people in attendance, listened to Obama's speech, then took his last ride in the helicopter over the city on his way out.
Today, I feel such pride in our country and hope for our future.
In other news.........................Bella has started turning in circles when she dances. It's adorable! I realize I don't take nearly enough pictures of her. I think, being married to a photographer hinders that a little bit. I am going to work on that this year.
We are still sick. I have been coughing for 3 weeks now; I can't remember what it's like to actually sleep at night. Bella has a cold as well and Cylie has a cold and an ear infection. Liz is starting to feel badly herself. I am so ready for Spring!!!
This past weekend was great though. Liz and I connected and 'we' felt really good. We didn't do anything exciting, but spent both days together. We started Saturday morning a t IHOP, then returned somethings to BabiesRUs. After that, it was too the leather shop where we purchase Liz a leather vest for her motorcycle group; we now have to take her patch over and get it sewn on. Then, we visited with our friend, Kim for a while before heading home to watch movies. On Sunday, we got up and went to church, then got some Mexican take-out and came home and finished watching the movies we'd rented. I left this weekend feeling more loved than I have in a long while. I have a theory on why that is, but I'm not going to speak it right now.
I'e decided that we watch entirely too much television, but I'm not sure yet on what I'm going to do to correct that. The simple answer is to just turn it off, right? I do have a TV in the playroom, but it's never on; I was considering getting a wall TV mount for it, but now I may just move it out. Oy!!
3 comments:
Glad things are better. Later when you can, you will have to let us know your theory :)
Glad you had a good weekend. Feel better soon.
I'm glad to hear that things are better. You know that I think of you often.
-C
Post a Comment