Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Easter dress

No, I don't have a picture. Yes, she has an Easter dress, but it's hanging out on the back patio airing to get the cigarette smoke smell out of it.

As you all know, I have issues with my MIL. She's a really nice person and means well, but I have trouble with her. I admit that it might be me and I just give her no slack.

A few weeks ago, we were at their house (we're trying to go there more) and she casually asked me if Bella had an Easter dress yet. I said, "not yet, but I was looking at them the other day". Nothing more was said.

Well, this past weekend, we were there again (they watched Bella for us on Friday night)and she brought in a purple flowered dress (hence the cigarette smoke). Actually, two of them as she got one for Cylie as well.

Easter dresses.

OK, I really don't mind that she bought them. I appreciate the gesture, but........

A. I wish she had asked and further asked if there was something special we wanted.
B. She let a few weeks go by without even letting me know, knowing I had already looked at them.
C. It's purple and I had my eye on a really cute pink hat for Bella.

Am I just a bitch???? C'mon, be honest..............

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I think she's trying. Maybe in her mind asking if you had bought one already was the same as saying she wanted to buy one.

Audra said...

I don't think you're a bitch at all. There are certain things that a mom wants to do. To me, that's like picking out the coming home outfit, or the first Christmas dress, etc. An easter dress is special!

battynurse said...

I wouldn't say you're a bitch because you're not. I understand wanting to have a say in what is picked out. I understand the MIL also wants to be involved and having the two girls dressed alike is kind of a cute idea. One other thought is how would you feel about this if it was someone from your family or even just someone other than MIL that did it.

Unknown said...

I wanted to pick out AJ's first Easter outfit and I did. I knew what I wanted for him... so I am glad it was me that picked it out. It was nice of them to do it, but I can understand where you are coming from!