Sunday, April 22, 2007

She left me.......

............for the couch! My darling wife has decided that the living room is much cooler and I'm way too hot to sleep with -funny, I used to be too 'hot' not to sleep with :)- so she's moved to the couch.

Hopefully, this is very temporary and she'll be back soon. Did this happen to anyone else?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Steph! Funny thing about body temperature...I've almost always heard that pregnant women get very hot and I was totally expecting it since I'm hot-natured anyway. I'm always the one who's comfortable when everyone else is cold or when everyone else is comfortable, I'm hot. So I was thinking it would really get bad when I'm pregnant. BUT, it's been the opposite for me...I'm always cold and DP is always hot (she's usually always cold), so I don't know what's up with that. AND, we live in the desert!! So, how can I be cold?? Of course I'm expecting that will change when it July and 115 degrees.
Just don't take it personally if she needs some cooling off space...I think it's quite the norm.

Dee said...

I can sooooo relate! Shelly's been on the couch since the first trimester. She always starts out in the bed but is only good for 3-4 hours. Then she finds her way to the couch for the rest of the night. I don't think this will change until after Riley comes and then we have an entirely new sleeping situation to get use to.

SJayneI said...

Oh, she also gets very cold and can go from very hot to very cold in a matter of seconds. Crazy!!

I don't take the couch thing personally; it is a lot cooler in there, I just want her to be comfortable.

This pregnant thing is a trip, huh?

Stacey said...

I never left the bed for the couch but I do understand feeling too uncomfortable in bed. The body temperature issues didn't start until the 3rd trimester for me.