Friday, June 29, 2007

Garage Sale

I hate them with a passion; love going to them, but hate having them. Well, I'm having one. Ahhhh!!!

It's 2 weeks away and we've already started setting up the garage. I'm determined to be prepared and not running around like a chicken with my head cut off the morning of the sale. Here's a photo of the garage today:


Anyway, when we got married almost 3 years ago, we wanted ficus trees on every table and found some at a local nursery for only $10 each. We promptly bought 20. Mind you, this was about 2 months before the wedding, but we thought we could care for them properly and they'd be fine.........we were wrong. They shed horribly; our house was full of leaves all of the time (looking back we should have paid the extra for silk trees; oh well...20/20 hind sight, huh?)so, we took them back. We were lucky that the nursery thought they could save them and resell them. Nice, huh?

So, long story short (too late, I know), we had also bought pots for the trees. We have been slowly getting rid of them and are down to three. Liz put 1 of them in the garage sale. I don't know why that's so funny to me, but we will never use them. I don't know why we can't get rid of them.

Maybe, I'll put them all out at the sale; she won't even be here. What do you guys think?

No comments: