Thursday, August 23, 2007

Attention: Mothers with toddlers......

I need some advice on a few things with Cylie.

1. She refuses to drink her milk from a cup and we've taken the bottle away from her, which went very well. She never asks for it (except for today when I was feeding another baby his bottle, but she was OK when I said it was for the baby), but now she doesn't get enough milk. I even got desparate today and tried putting a tiny bit of chocolate in it. She still didn't want it. I offer it at every meal, but she will not drink it; she will only drink water. Any ideas?

2. She does not sleep through the night. She will go in to her bed very well about 9 p.m., but then wakes around midnight expecting to come into bed with us. this is what she does when she is with her mother, but we are very uncomfortable with her in bed with us. We are both a little chunky and one of us is pregnant and we only have a Queen. Also, this will be an issue once the baby comes as well. I'm afraid I can't fix this without her mothers help at her house. What do you think?

3. She will not leave my immediate parameter, even if her mother is here. I can literally feel her steps on the bottom of my feet as I walk. If I happen to sneak to the other room, she is only about 10-seconds behind me and very upset that I've left her. I'm worried about how this will affect me caring for the baby.

Help!!!!

2 comments:

Audra said...

I did a search on parenthacks, and found these ideas:

Put a funny straw in her cup
make homemade mac and cheese- add extra milk so its creamy, and she's getting extra dairy

and i found this too :)
http://www.babycenter.com/400_how-can-i-get-my-toddler-to-drink-milk_500233_1001.bc?Ad=com.bc.common.AdInfo%4035a7e489

K J and the kids said...

Strawberry milk. You can get the Strawberry syrup by the chocolate syrups.
It was the ONLY way I could get Syd to drink her milk.
My pediatrician even said...it's better that she drinks strawberry milk...than NO milk at all.
Good luck.