Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Baby Shower!!!!

Well, we've set a date for the baby shower................September 15th. Only 4 more weeks until we know what we are having! :)

We met our friends (and the baby's godparents) on Saturday for lunch and to discuss the shower. Since Liz and I are both majorly into party planning and baby showers seem to be our most frequent one, we are having problems sitting out. Our friends would like as much input as possible from us though. We'll see; I don't want to make them think we are taking over.

Anyway, our guest list is about 85 people big. So, if you only expect about half, I'm thinking the most we'll have is 50. While that's still a pretty big shower, it's manageable. And, we're only having one so that includes family, friends, family friends, co-workers, and acquaintances.

We are thinking of making our own cake. The theme is flying pigs and I want to make a flying pig cake. I'm also considering making flying pig cookes or chocolates for favors.

Lot's of excitement and look how the time is flying by........only 91 more days! Ahhh!!!

7 comments:

battynurse said...

The flying pigs is a great idea. I would love to see a flying pig cake and all.

Jen said...

Wow! 85 guests!??? I can't imagine! Dawn and I don't have that many acquaintances, let alone friends. I've got a list of 15 so far and it probably won't be much more than that! So, I guess only 7 or 8 will show!? haha! Oh well, can't wait to find out the gender!

underdog said...

we had a good 50 at my sister's baby shower. and those are the ones that came. of course, we're mexican, too. ;)

Anyway, how FUN! I'm so excited for y'all!

RaJen

Wendy and Karen said...

Flying pigs!!! Please, please post pictures!!

Holly said...

I love the flying pigs idea!
We had about 85 invites for our baby shower and about 65 attended. It was not too much at all, everyone was entertained, present opening was done very efficiently and food was a buffet. Everyone had a great time!
That's pretty close! You guys must be getting so excited!

hotomiky said...

Cool idea!! Make sure you take pic and post it on your blog.

:o)

Baby Shower - always fun fun!

S AND C said...

Wow thats a lot of people!!!!
Cant wait to hear how it goes :-)