Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Updates


Well, I finally have a happier baby today than I've had for a few days. And, I think it was all formula related; that, and we may have been underfeeding her a little. Remember when I posted that she had a bad bottom issue (really runny diarrhea that left her gualded)? On the advice of her pediatrician, we switched to soy and that had the opposite effect on her. She was really straining to go annd had really formed stools as well as a constant lower belly ache. We've now switched her to a milk-based formula again that has natural cultures in it. She's been on it for a whole day now and seems much happier. She slept last night from 10:00 to 2:00, then until 6; she was awake the entire night the night before. I swear we saw every hour come and go!!! We also increased her from 3 ozto 4 oz and warmed her 'before bed' bottle. Hopefully, this will become the 'norm' again!!!!

I was able to take Cylie to her gymnastics yesterday and we had a blast. She is such a big, brave girl; I swear, she will try anything. I cannot wait to buy her a little leotard; she'll be so cute with her little fat thighs. Have I mentioned that Iadore this child?!?!? Next week, Liz and the babies are coming with us to get some pictures and video.

Oh, and last butnot least, I had a bit of a 'poor me' breakdown the other day. I had not left this house for an entire week, part of which we were without power. I went off on Liz (we are normally very respectful of each other) accusing her of not caring about me or wanting to spend any time with me. I felt sooooo weepy!! I decided to get out of the house alone, so I went to Wal-Mart and the craft store. I felt so much better. Liz even welcomed the 'real' me back. I guess I need to be sure to take time off from home and babies every once in a while to maintain my sanity. Speaking of 'sanity', while at WM I purchased little box of pecan divinity with then intent of having a few and snacking on them for the next week or so. Well, halfway to the craft store (it's in another town about 20 minutes away), I discovered that a whole quarter of the box was gone! I ended up throwing the rest of it (in the box of course) into the back seat so I couldn't reach it!!!!! PATHETIC, huh???
I leave you with a few pictures of the toddlers in my world. Cylie, of course, and her two friends, E & C that I babysit. The first one is the best one, but I had to add a few of the 'rejects' which make me smile as much as the good one.



8 comments:

S AND C said...

Not at all :-) We all have those days where ya just need to eat everything but the box!

Glad things are going well with the girls :-)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are better with the formula!!!

Stacey said...

You do need a break from babyworld. Glad you got to take it.

Happy that the formula issues are being resolved. Riley had constipation and we had to switch. Soy isn't the best option because of the estrogen so glad you were able to go back to milk-based. We almost switched to soy but found Good Start which is partially broken down so much easier on Riley's tummy.

Love the pictures! Good for you getting a nice one with all of them looking. That's not easy!

hotomiky said...

I'm glad things are getting better for the baby. :o)

I love the pictures - haha so cute :o)

MommynMama said...

Good Start is the way to go. With our first daughter, she had milk allergies and was also switched to soy...same thing as Bella. It's like reading our own nightmare. We ended up at a GI specialist who recommended the Good Start, and she did fantastic...a whole new baby. Good Start is made with whey protein versus casien (spelling ?) which some babies can't tolerate. They don't know why that is but it is. Now for our second daughter we just went right to Good Start and have had no problems. Glad everything is working well for her.

battynurse said...

Ok, am I bad that I like the nose picking pic the best? Very cute. Glad that Bella is feeling better and that you are too. I think that everyone needs a bit of a break now and then.

RainbowMomma said...

Glad to hear the baby's bottom is getting better.

Everybody has those moments, too! Be glad it's over.

The photos are precious. I actually like the funny ones best! I'm glad you included them.

Jen said...

Oh, I too love the bottom 2 photos best! So cute! Maddie has special formula too...Enfamil Nutramigen. Pricey stuff so hopefully we'll be able to switch her at or 4 or 5 months. Glad you were able to take a sanity break and get out. I've been lucky enough to do that myself on several occasions. Hang in there and Happy Holidays!