I haven't posted much about Bella's toe up to now. I'm not sure why, but I've decided to see if anyone out there has any advice for us.
Her left big toe is enlarged or has some sort of growth on it. I've posted a picture for you below.
Her pediatrician has referred us to a plastic surgeon; we go on Monday even though they won't really do anything until she's about 6 months old. I've never seen anything like it and my first thought was some kind of chromosonal defect, but she has had a complete chromosone work-up and everything there is fine.
They said in the hospital that it's quite common.
What do you guys think? Ever see anything like this?
6 comments:
I've never seen that but I have seen babies with extra fingers or toes. They just take them off. I don't think I've ever heard that it was any sort of problem. Have a great weekend with your friend and love those pics of Bella, she sure is cute.
I don't know of anyone that has had that, But my cousin was born with a large and deformed earlobe. She had it operated on by a plastic surgeon when she was 8 months or so, and now you can't even tell.
don't have any insight on the toe..poor baby. It doesn't look like anything that would be hard to take care of though. Love the new pics of Bella. She is adorable and what gorgeous big eyes! Are they brown??
Hi Jen, her eyes were very brown when she was born, but they are starting to look more hazel like Liz's.
I am not an expert, but it just looks like a deformity to me. Nothing chromosomal. I think it happens all the time and they just do plastic surgey and it's fine. I wouldn't worry about it, she's perfect!
Thanks for sharing about Bella's toe. That was brave of you. I don't have information. But please keep us posted!
Post a Comment