Cylie loves Monsters, INC and will watch it over and over. She even has two 'Monsters, INC' t-shirts and wears them all the time.
She also loves an episode of Little Bear in which Little Bear and his friends are camping and they hear noises they assume are caused by Monster Bear. We have it on DVR and she asks to watch it all the time.
So, I found this book and bought it for her, just knowing that she'd love it. As I read it to her for the first time, she stayed very close to me acting a little scared. After I was done, she went and got one of those clear shoe boxes that I was going to use in their sock drawer to organize it better. She put the book in and closed the lid and said, "no more monster".
I tried to explain to her that all monsters aren't scary and that Elmo was actually a monster, but she didn't believe me.
Hopefully, Grover can come out of the box soon as it's a fun book to read.
2 comments:
I highly recommend the book Monster's Lunch Box. Check it out on Amazon. I bought it for my now 17 year old nephew when he was 4, and it was his favorite book for years. Cylie may be just a little young for it but it certainly is a silly, fun book. Fun to read and gets some really good giggles from kids.
I LOVE that book! I remember having it when I was younger and then found it at a yard sale when my kids were little. We read it so much. I still have it, to read to my grandkids someday.
Post a Comment